I’m a software developer specializing in the design and implementation of web-based appli- cations. I enjoy being involved in all aspects of development and do not isolate myself to a particular technology or development role. Some specific areas of expertise include:
- Web Technologies: Servlets/JSP, JSTL, JAX-RS, Tapestry, Struts, Ruby on Rails, XHTML, CSS, Prototype.js, JSON, DOM, Facebook Connect
- Language Tools: ANTLR, Ragel
- Data Storage: MySQL, Solr/Lucene, Hibernate
- Standards & Protocols: IMAP, POP3, SMTP, LMTP, REST, RFC822, MIME
- Tools: Maven, Subversion, Git, Junit, Vim, Eclipse
Zenbe.com — New York, NYSoftware DeveloperFeb 2007 to Present
Visiting Nurse Service of New York — New York, NYSoftware DeveloperMay 2004 to Feb 2007
- Architected and built a multi-threaded, Java-based e-mail infrastructure responsible for retrieving, parsing, sanitizing, and storing e-mail messages over POP3, IMAP, and LMTP into a distributed MySQL database and Lucene index.
- Developed a domain specific language in ANTLR used to translate user search queries directly to SQL.
- Implemented complex text comparison algorithms enabling the discovery of contextual similarities between related e-mail messages.
NFL Films — Mt. Laurel, NJEngineerNov 1999 to May 2004
- Implemented web-based Java applications that now play an integral role in the patient assessment and insurance approval processes.
- Built an extensive collection of re-usable front end components to ease the development time of future projects.
- Aided in the adoption of several new technologies including Hibernate, Struts and Ajax by providing information sessions and mentoring.
University of Delaware — Newark, DETeaching AssistantSep 2002 to May 2003
- Implemented a MySQL backed, Java Swing application responsible for managing the equipment inventory and maintenance records of the Engineering department.
- Aided in the integration of broadcast and information systems into their new, state of the art production facility.
- Ensured smooth operation of crucial video transmission systems while working as an on-site engineer at Super Bowl 35, 36, 37, and 38.
- Assisted in the teaching of senior level software engineering and freshman level C++ courses.
- On the Side
A Hint of Rosemary — Sewell, NJSite OwnerMay 2006 to Present
- Built a Ruby on Rails based online store at www.ahintofrosemary.com. Features include an administrative content generation application, payment gateway integration, and real-time UPS shipping cost and delivery time estimates.
Master of Science, Computer ScienceUniversity of Delaware — Newark, DEMay 2004
Bachelor of Science, Computer ScienceRowan University — Glassboro, NJMay 2002Magna Cum LaudeMinor in Mathematics